…because it takes a village to raise a child, and it takes a village to bury a child…
A professional doula, who generally serves as an independent contractor, can reasonably and fairly charge an average of $500 or more (or, much more) per birth doula client. This provides a contractual responsibility of uninterrupted physical support (comfort measures, suggestions for labor positions) and emotional support (gentle explanations, clear guidance, honest validation) throughout the labor and the immediate postpartum.
This investment is toward the doula’s tailored skill set, commitment to learning and her investment into certification, time away from family, supplies, travel/vehicle, scheduling and time commitment, and unique responsibilities that include mental alertness, emotional calm, physical agility, professional-level preparedness, and enduring stamina throughout any labor, birth and postpartum journey. This can also be determined by regional income.
Stillbirthday certified doulas offer unsurpassed labor support in birth in any trimester, and in any outcome. Because the financial burden is sudden and great when facing pregnancy and infant loss, our doulas desire to lift that burden as reasonably as possible, providing when appropriate pro-bono support of families who are facing untoward outcomes, and leaning into fundraising opportunities, including the Love Steps Forward program. The Love Steps Forward program allows the moms we serve the comfort of knowing that their payment has already been filled, freeing them therefore of their own financial burden and instead allowing them the opportunity to pay it forward for the next family we serve.
This is a voluntary, advance purchase of goods and services
to be rendered by an anonymous future client.
You can even add a handwritten or typed note to your gift of Love Steps Forward that your stillbirthday doula will provide you with. This program offers $5 per note, to encourage you to give greatly.
It might be that you haven’t experienced pregnancy and infant loss yourself, but that you want to pay it forward on behalf of someone you love who has. Loved Ones can have your Love Step Forward on behalf of a mom in particular.
Individuals who are stillbirthay credentialed doulas who utilize the Love Steps Forward program in some capacity:
- The M0M Center and our Love Stamps wall
- Sarah DiMarco, SBD serving the Dallas area!
- Jen Cantrell, SBD Chaplain serving Muskegon, Michigan!
- Alisha Jones, SBD Chaplain serving Angel Babies Memorial Services
- Rosemary King, SBD serving Washington
- Rosalyn Skelton, SBD serving California
- Amy Peterson, SBD serving New Hampshire seacost
- More about the Love Steps Forward at stillbirthday
- Like our Love Steps Forward facebook page!
The original artwork of Love Steps Forward was created by, and is copyright protected by, the lovely Southern Spruce.
While there may be a small 5k that has used a logo quite similar to ours, it is not affiliated with stillbirthday.
Still not sure what Love Stamps do? Watch this video for a great explanation by this, so-simple-it’s-innovative way of reaching others how they need it:
For stillbirthday doulas:
- You need to be a credentialed stillbirthday doula in good standing to utilize the Love Steps Forward program.
- You can include the link on your website, with an option to direct to your business payment receiving program, such as paypal. You can also include a flyer on Love Steps Forward in your client packets.
- Love Steps Forward needs to be worded with clear wording so as not to confuse those who desire to pay-it-forward. This is not a 501c3 or any kind of a donation program, and should not in any way become part of one, because this could potentially become confusing for those who are not a 501c3. This is a voluntary, advance purchase of goods and services to be rendered by an anonymous future client. Proceeds must be utilized for the exact purpose of providing a measurable product or service to clients, and not to be used for administrative, academic, or any other non-related costs.
- Stillbirthday likes to endorse the idea of Love Steps Forward in a way that increases the visibility of its proper use. Joining this program includes a mere $5 purchase. If you are a stillbirthday doula who is using the Love Steps Forward program, please let us know about it so that we can showcase your link on our facebook page, and if you would like to get started but would like the startup paid for you, please connect with stillbirthday so we can look at any upcoming startup giveaways for you.
- If it is discovered that you have incorrectly applied the Love Steps Forward program, stillbirthday will not endorse a connection with your use of it, and will answer any and all inquiries that seek to confirm or deny any and all appropriate participation in our program. To steal our idea and misappropriate funds, logo and/or recognition is a violation outside of our Principles of Service and relationship with stillbirthday.